Certificate in Applied Logotherapy: Therapeutic Techniques
This is intended specifically for mental health professionals, parents looking for concrete and practical exercises and techniques to help them with their parenting, and those suffering from phobias, sexual dysfunctions, anxiety, anger, depression, and stress. Human beings flourish when their ‘will to meaning’ is not thwarted.
- Introduction to Frankl’s clinical diagnostic (the ten basic categories of disorders) & dimensional
ontology (the somatic, psychical, and spiritual)
- Endogenous psychoses (bipolar disorder, schizophrenia)
- Psychosomatic illnesses (asthma)
- Personality disorders (obsessive-compulsive)
- Neuroses (reactive, iatrogenic, psychogenic, noögenic, societal)
- Paradoxical intention (inverted wishing to have happen the thing we fear most)
- De-reflection (directing attention outside of oneself)
- Socratic dialogue (the art of maieutic questioning)
Dates: Saturday December 3rd and Sunday 4th, 2016: 10.30am-5pm.
Saturday March 25th and Sunday 26th, 2017: 10.30am-5pm.
Location: Jesuit Conference Centre, Milltown Park, Sandford Rd., Dublin 6.
Registration: Via email